Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Lucy's: Gluten Free Cookies Review

(Click on the logo to be directed to Dr. Lucy's website)


I have been really excited for this review since I purchased these cookies. Dr. Lucy is a woman and mother who had found out her child had severe food allergies. And what mother could keep cookies from their child forever? Dr. Lucy was determined to formulate a cookie (and other desserts) that everyone and anyone with or without medical dietary constrictions could enjoy. I was ecstatic when I came across these cookies because of the great simplicity in making them. These cookies are gluten-free (HOORAY! a yummy gluten-free treat because we all know not all gluten-free stuff is tasty). They are very tasty and made without milk, eggs, peanuts, or any tree nuts! Dr. Lucy's guarantees these cookies made at a dedicated bakery that caters to protecting customers from the allergens they strive to avoid.


I was very lucky to find these cookies in a 3-flavor variety 12 pack, which means I get to share some with a couple lucky readers once I complete my third and final review of my three healthy snack reviews! The three flavors that came in the box were Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Cookie, and Maple Bliss. Each Snack n' Go Pack contains three cookies which is also the actual serving size for these crunchy treats.




First, let's take a look at our classic cookie flavor, Lucy's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip. For a gluten-free snack these were much more pleasant than I expected. I'm not even a big fan of chocolate chip cookies and I loved these. They tasted just like a crunchy chocolate chip cookie. So for my gluten-free chocolate chip cookie loving people, you no longer have to feel deprived of tasty treats!




INGREDIENTS: Dr. Lucy's Flour Blend (Gluten-Free Oat, Garbanzo, Potato Starch, Tapioca, Sorghum And Fava Flours), Organic Cane Sugar*,Vegan Chocolate Chips, Gluten-Free Oat Flakes, Soy Milk*, Brown Sugar*, Palm Fruit Oil, Canola Oil, Olive Oil, Filtered Water, Flavoring And Citric Acid From Non-GMO Corn, Crushed Soy Beans*, Sunflower Lecithin, Nondairy Lactic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Vanilla Extract*, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Calcium Carbonate, Annatto Extract Color, Cellulose Gum.





Lucy's Gluten Free Chocolate was scrumptious. It was just the right amount of crumbly and could cure any chocolate fix. I really liked this cookie even though I'm a fan of soft, chewy versus crunchy, crumbly. I would recommend the chocolate cookies to my gluten free chocolate lovers, you will feel spoiled.




INGREDIENTS: Dr. Lucy's Flour Blend (Gluten-Free Oat Flour, Garbanzo Flour, Potato Starch, Tapioca, Sorghum And Fava Flours), Organic Cane Sugar*,Soy Milk*, Molasses*, Cocoa, Palm Oil, Canola Oil, Olive Oil, Filtered Water Flavoring And Citric Acid From Non-GMO, Crushed Soy Beans*, Sunflower Lecithin, Non-Dairy Lactic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Baking Powder, Sodium Bicarbonate, Vanilla Extract*, Xanthan Gum, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Annatto, Cellulose Gum.



Last, but of course not least (since they happened to be my favorite of the three), we have Lucy's Gluten Free Maple Bliss. These were so delicious, the flavor of maple melted on your tongue when you took a bite into one of these crunchy cookies! I'm from New York, and we are a reputable state when it comes to real Maple Syrup. These cookies reminded me of being home in the fall. A gluten-free maple flavored treat is something I'd recommend to any stranger, friend, or acquaintance.  



INGREDIENTS: Dr. Lucy's Flour Blend (Gluten-Free Oat Flour, Garbanzo Flour, Potato Starch, Tapioca, Sorghum And Fava Flours), Organic Cane Sugar*,Gluten-Free Oat Flakes, Soy Milk*, Molasses*, Palm Oil, Canola Oil, Olive Oil, Filtered Water, Citric Acid And Flavoring From Non-GMO Corn, Crushed Soy Beans*, Sunflower Lecithin, Non-Dairy Lactic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Baking Powder, Sodium Bicarbonate, Vanilla Extract*, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Calcium Carbonate, Annatto, Maple Syrup*, Cellulose Gum. 


Have you made up your mind yet? Are you ready to run out, find, and eat these palatable, healthy snacks? I know that I cannot wait to get more. These are the healthiest store-bought cookies you're probably going to find from here to Jupiter. Not only are they essentially allergen free, but they are also vegan, gluten-free, and non-GMO verified! Their ingredients come solely from natural sources and they taste like heaven so indulge yourself. The convenient snack n' go packs would be the perfect treat to give out to trick-or-treaters this Halloween! They are great for lunches or an after school snack and the goodness doesn't stop at these three flavors, they also come in many more flavors as pictured below.



 


 Watch for my third and final healthy snack review to find out how to win my healthy snack package containing treats from all three reviews! 2 winners will receive one of the flavors I've reviewed along with 5 other healthy snacks from these reviews!











DISCLAIMER: These products were not sent to me directly from the company, I chose to purchase and review them 
 on my own accord. These are my honest thoughts and opinions on the products I have reviewed. This post also contains information gained from the company's website in order to inform you of the company responsible for this product. Giveaways are only valid to US residents for the time being.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment